Transformative Martial Arts: Healing Ourselves and Healing the Planet.
M. Ann Phillips, PhD
Welcomes Sensei Williams Hasu dojo, Roxanna Ng, TLC, Brian Milani, Transformative Martial Arts Course
Muxco traditional Japanese bow
Connecting with the Chi
Embrace the tree Exercises
Focus: tune in to the energy, pay attention to your body and to all the thoughts in your head and sensations in your body.
Experiencing Chi and Breathe
Tune in to the chi, pay attention to the breathe
Discussion during the temple exercises :
What is Healing? To restore to wholeness, to restore to health
Chi vital energy
Breathe relationship between breathe and chi
Present Moment Awareness -- focus on the now
Power -- to ability to do or act
Mountain Chi Gung chi gung/moving meditation focus on experiencing the chi and breathe together and staying in the present
Break w green tea - 5 minutes
Wu Chi meditation - standing meditation with focus on experiencing the chi and breathe together and staying in the present
Monk Walk Exercises focus on experiencing your body power
Partner punches with focus shields
Break 5 minutes
Kicks - basics
Partner Kicks with focus shield
Iron shirt Chi gung Exercises
End of session
Take home Questions:
1) Did you experience the chi or energy sensation?
2) Were you able to tune in to your breathe?
3) Were you able to stay present in the moment?
4) What was your experience of your bodys power like?
5) What is the relationship between healing, chi, breathe, present moment awareness and power?
6) Which exercise or exercises do you plan to take home and practice?